Ahh, another 30 for 30 is finally at an end. 30 days of me trying desperately to match the same ol' clothes in new and interesting ways, and wishing I owned more interesting accessories. 30 days of me cursing clothing items I previous loved, because of their lack of flexibility.
So for this 30-for-30, I decided to up the ante and add a further challenge - to pose like a pin-up each day. Specifically, like the Queen of All Pin-Ups, Bettie Page.
Here are some of the things I learned while I set a timer and took anywhere from 10-20 awkward pictures of myself each day:
- Shoulders back 24-7
- Sticking your boobs out really hurts your back after a while
- I definitely have a "side"
- America's Next Top Model had some useful posing tips
- You are never as fat as you think you are
- You are never as skinny as you think you are
- It's all in the angles
- I'm not as coordinated as I thought I was
- There are constantly bruises and scrapes on my legs (and I'm not even in derby at the moment!)
- It's really, really hard to try to make this shit look pretty
Bettie is impossible to emulate - she truly was the best at what she did. She managed to make every single pose look effortless, sexy, and fun. Three cheers to Bettie for making this swelteringly hot summer a little silly and infinitely more fun.