Monica Gallagher is an indie creator with over fifteen years experience making comics and illustrations with a positive, feminist spin. She has worked for Oni Press, Vertigo, Papercutz, and Valiant, and as well as self-published several of her own mini-comics and books. Her current webcomics are Assassin Roommate (about to enter its third season) and BOO! It's Sex! on Webtoons.
Her most recently published book, Part-Time Princesses, was released by Oni Press and featured on YALSA's The Hub Blog in their “Women In Comics: Princesses With a Twist” article. Monica has also kickstarted and self-published the collected Volume #1 of her webcomics series Bonnie N. Collide, Nine to Five (which was recently reviewed by NPR Books!).
In 2013, Monica started up Bmore Into Comics, a series of small, one-day shows featuring comics creators exhibiting their work in local businesses throughout Baltimore, with the goal of getting more people interested in and reading comics.
Monica quit her day job in March 2017 (THANKS PATRONS!) and is currently a freelance writer and cartoonist, living in Baltimore with her gigantor ginger cat.
- Fall 2018: G.F.F.'s Volume #2 Witches Get Things Done (Papercutz)
- 2017: G.F.F.'s Volume #1 My Heart Lies in the 90's (Papercutz)
- 2015: Part-Time Princesses – A YALSA nominee for Great Graphic Novels for Teens! (Oni Press)
- 2015: Sharks Vs. Mermaids, Strange Sports Stories Issue #3 (Vertigo)
- 2012: Glitter Kiss (Oni Press)
- 2010: Skatertot Saga, JAM! Tales from the World of Roller Derby (Oni Press)
- 2017: Martial Outlet
- 2016: Out in These Woods
- 2015: Bonnie N. Collide, Nine to Five Volume 1
- 2014: 4 States 2 Months, Bonnie N. Collide #7, Bonnie N. Collide #8
- 2013: Gods & Undergrads #3, Bonnie N. Collide #5, Bonnie N. Collide #6
- 2012: Bonnie N. Collide #4, Go For The Eyes
- 2011: Bonnie N. Collide #3
- 2010: When I Was a Mall Model, Bonnie N. Collide #2
- 2009: Bonnie N. Collide #1, Gods & Undergrads Book #2, Lipstick & Malice #3
- 2008: Lipstick & Malice #2
- 2007: Boobage, Gods & Undergrads Book #1, Lipstick & Malice #1
- 2006: Survival of the Fittest: Middle School Popularity Camp
- 2003: Snippets
- 2018: Where We Live
- 2016: Sweaty Palms
- 2011: Relentless Buzzing (The Baltimore Time Travel Anthology)
- 2009: The Legend of Zelda – “Always” (Life Meter)
- 2009: That Pesky Process (Women’s Review of Books)
- 2007: One Day (Awesome! Volume 1)
- 2006: Date of the Dead (The Girls’ Guide to Guy’s Stuff)
- 2003: The Myth of Hyacinthus (Young Bottoms in Love)